Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Imitationalism and emotionalism


Imitationalism and emotionalism
 Imitationalism

   "Composition in Red, Blue, and Yellow" by Piet Mondroin is a poor piece of artwork in terms of imitationalism. It is depicting something you would not see in your everyday life. So if I were walking down the street I would not see something like this just floating around or something. The only place i can think of seeing it is if I go down to the subway stop near Cloverdale mall and I do not go there everyday.
Emotionalism

    To me "Composition in Red, Blue, and Yellow" doesn't really have any emotion attached to it. Although if I needed to pick one I would have to it would be seriousness with a bit of laid backness. It seems like something that in would do if I was bored and had the urge to draw or colour.

Formalism

   The artist used lines and blocks to illustrate mediocrity of them and then use simple colours here and there to make it a bit livelier. I think they also used to colour to keep peoples attention focused on his piece of art. The use of red, blue, and yellow were to make the work a bit more abstract but not too abstract. Well in my mind at least.   



1 comment:

  1. This is a good start but a bit vague. Aim to prove your opinions with examples from the work. ie) what gives the impression of serious or laydback?

    ReplyDelete